Orthodontist Shrewsbury MA
Not everyone is born with a perfect smile so if you want to address teeth alignment issues, then you should visit an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA. An orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA specializes in correcting improperly positioned teeth and jaws.
Differences of a General Dentist and an Orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA?
Like general dentists, an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA seeks to help his/her patients improve their health. Though both treat the teeth, jaws, and gums, a general dentist will not be able to give you the specialized care that an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA can. On the other hand, an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA can realign teeth, improve bites, and fit patients with corrective braces, invisalign and devices. A general dentist may refer his/her patient to an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA if the patient has an overbite, for example.
Though all orthodontists are dentists, not all dentists are orthodontists. An orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA has had additional schooling as a orthodontists specialty. Highly trained in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of irregularities, an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA provides a wide range of corrective treatments to fix bad bites and align jaws properly.
Every orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA is well-versed in all orthodontists treatment options for young kids, teens, and adults. An orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA knows that misaligned teeth can cause problems such as speech defects and difficulties with chewing and maintaining proper hygiene. That’s why an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA strives to provide treatment plans that help his/her patients get a better smile.
Should I Get Orthodontic Treatment From an Orthodontists in Shrewsbury, MA?
Only your general dentist or your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA can say if you will benefit from orthodontists treatment. Your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA will run diagnostic tests before they develop a treatment plan that is tailored to you. You may be a candidate for orthodontists treatment if your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA has determined that you have any of the following:
- Overbite – when the upper front teeth stick out over the lower teeth
- Underbite – when the lower teeth are too far forward
- Crossbite – when the upper teeth don’t come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- Reverse bite – when the upper teeth bite inside the lower ones when the teeth are clenched
- Open bite – space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together
- Spacing – when you have gaps between your teeth
- Crowding – when the teeth do not normally fit within the jaws
- Impacted teeth – when an adult tooth doesn’t emerge from the gum
Once your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA determines that you have a problem with the alignment of your teeth, you can now undergo the appropriate treatment, like braces. Your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA will guide you through the process of needing braces or invisalign.
Types of Orthodontic Treatment You Can Get From an Orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA
Knowing what orthodontic problem you have is the first step. The next one is getting the treatment that your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA will develop for you. Your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA can use different types of treatments and technology to help move your teeth, retrain your muscles, and affect the growth of your jaw. The following appliances and braces work by placing gentle pressure on the teeth and jaws:
- Traditional Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Damon Braces
- Invisalign® Aligners
- Forsus Appliances
- Palatal Expanders
Your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA will know which of these appliances will be the most effective for you. Make sure to visit your orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA regularly so that they can monitor your progress.
Visit an Orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA Today for a Brighter Smile!
Now that you know what issues an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA can fix, you should look for an orthodontist in Shrewsbury, MA that you and your family can trust. Visit Dental Place Westborough today, a clinic that specializes in pediatric and orthodontic care, today! Read this article if you need any further information on finding the right orthodontist for you and your family: https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/when-to-see-orthodontist#1
Dental Place Westborough – Orthodontist Shrewsbury MA
“Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.” This excerpt from the famous poem “Solitude” by Ella Wheeler Wilcox says that people are generally attracted to cheerful individuals. With this in mind, you may wonder what the best way is to show you’re happy. The answer: by smiling, of course! Whether you’re chuckling with your friends or posing for a picture, a beautiful smile is definitely a powerful feature to have. Here at Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury, we go the extra mile to make lovely smiles even better! We have an array of pediatric and orthodontic treatments for you and your whole family. Check out our services in Shrewsbury and see why we’re fit to be your family orthodontist.
Orthodontic Treatment – Orthodontist Shrewsbury MA
Misaligned bites and crooked teeth aren’t only unappealing. They’re irregularities that may lead to jaw protrusion, tooth decay, gum disease, and even broken teeth. Getting an orthodontic evaluation is a must for every individual. In fact, it is generally suggested that children should visit an orthodontist in Shrewsbury at around seven years old regardless of whether they have any teeth irregularities.
- Interceptive Treatment: We believe that prevention is better than cure. Here at Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury, we provide interceptive treatments to patients who need it. These remedies are done in order to prevent the need for children to undergo extensive or invasive treatment in the future. In addition, our office keeps an organized compilation of all appointment records. This makes it easier to track the development of any irregularities.
- Early and Adult Treatments: Our Shrewsbury office understands that individuals require varying levels of orthodontic care depending on their age. The techniques used on a 7-year-old patient may not be the best approach on a 30 year old. As such, we offer an array of orthodontic services in Shrewsbury, which include metal and ceramic brackets and Invisalign®, that are tailored to the needs of each individual.
- Braces: Gone are the days when orthodontic patients are forced to wear chunky braces. We offer various discreet correction braces such as:
- Invisalign® Braces
- Suresmile® Braces
- Metal Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Palatal Expander
Pediatric Treatment – Orthodontist Shrewsbury MA
We recommend parents to bring their children in for an initial appointment at around the age of one, or when their first tooth has erupted. However, we understand how hard it can be to force your kids to go to the dentist. You’re bound to hear hours of incessant crying and whining. Luckily, Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury understands how to treat various types of patients.
- Kid Friendly: Our pediatric dentists in Shrewsbury have undergone special training in child psychology. This is to ensure that our Shrewsbury staff has the knowledge and experience to handle anxiety attacks and similar behaviors that may occur during a operation/examination. In addition, we use a range of relaxation and sedation techniques to calm our patients down at our Shrewsbury office.
- Preventive Treatment: Our preventive treatment for children includes the following:
- Digital X-rays
- Teeth Cleaning/Flossing
- Fluoride Treatment
- Dental Sealants
- Emergency Treatment: We understand how scary it can be to handle emergencies. As such, we have dentists available on call 24 hours a day to provide immediate care in Shrewsbury.
Visit Dental Place Westborough Today – Orthodontist Shrewsbury MA
Here at Dental Place Westborough, it is our goal to maintain your and your loved ones’ oral health. We guarantee that one visit will make you see why we’re fit to be your long-term family orthodontists in Shrewsbury. You can schedule an appointment by calling 508-366-0122 or filling out the form on our website.