Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
Children and adults have very different dental health needs, leading to the importance of having the right pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA. That is why it is better for your child to be visiting a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA than a general dentist. A pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA will be more equipped to identify and manage your child’s dental health issues with specific child care.
What Does a Pediatric Dentist in Shrewsbury, MA Do?
A pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA can provide a wide range of dental health care to infants and adolescents. Any pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA will know how to handle primary or baby teeth as they begin to fall out and secondary or permanent teeth as they start to erupt and develop. Aside from treating teeth, mouth, jaw, and gum problems, a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA will also educate his or her patients on proper oral hygiene. Establishing good lifelong dental habits that ensure strong, healthy teeth for young patients is one of the goals of a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA.
Differences Between Family Dentists and Pediatric Dentists in Shrewsbury, MA?
You may be thinking that a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA provides exactly the same services as a family dentist in the same area. Though both kinds of dentists have received four or more years of education, a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA has an additional 2–3 years of specialty training. The specialty training would have taught a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA how to handle kids behavior, treat children’s unique dental needs, and make a child feel comfortable in the dentist’s chair. Additionally, the training will have qualified a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA to treat a child with special needs.
A pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA usually operates in a clinic that is suitable for kids, usually involving colorful décor and a play area, as well as kid-sized and kid-friendly tools. One example is Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury, a clinic that focuses on pediatric and orthodontic dentistry. Our Shrewsbury office is bursting with color, and our play area has toys that will surely entertain your child.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist in Shrewsbury, MA?
There are many benefits to taking your kids to a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA, including but not limited to:
- Nurturing temperament – A pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA chose to work with children. This means he or she knows how to make kids comfortable and how to explain procedures in a way they can understand.
- Pleasant, kid-friendly environment – Your pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA will likely have a clinic that is designed with kids in mind, from the décor to the flavors of the toothpaste used. Such an environment may help lessen your child’s dental anxieties.
- Pediatric hospital affiliations – A pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA is more likely to be associated with pediatricians and children’s hospitals. This can be handy in case your child may need further care, such as general anesthesia.
- Specialized equipment – Since children have smaller mouths and fragile teeth, a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA uses smaller tools.
- Training for children with special needs – Any pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA worth his or her salt will know how to care for children who are chronically ill, disabled, or mentally challenged. The pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA will also know how to treat some conditions that require specialized dental care.
- Exceptional knowledge of children’s development – Every pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA knows how children’s teeth and jaws should develop, and providing comprehensive care to manage any issues that may arise.
Start Looking for a Pediatric Dentist in Shrewsbury, MA!
By taking your children to a pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA, you are ensuring that they will be getting the dental care that they need during the all-important formative years. Once you have assessed each pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA, make sure you choose the pediatric dentist in Shrewsbury, MA who aims to deliver services that meet the highest standards of quality. Need more tips on finding the right pediatric dentist? Read here: https://www.parents.com/kids/hygiene/tooth-care/finding-a-pediatric-dentist/
Dental Place Westborough – Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
“Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.” This excerpt from the famous poem “Solitude” by Ella Wheeler Wilcox says that people are generally attracted to cheerful individuals. With this in mind, you may wonder what the best way is to show you’re happy. The answer: by smiling, of course! Whether you’re chuckling with your friends or posing for a picture, a beautiful smile is definitely a powerful feature to have. Here at Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury, we go the extra mile to make lovely smiles even better! We have an array of pediatric and orthodontic treatments for you and your whole family. Check out our services and see why we’re fit to be your family dentist in Shrewsbury.
Orthodontic Treatment – Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
Misaligned bites and crooked teeth aren’t only unappealing. They’re irregularities that may lead to jaw protrusion, tooth decay, gum disease, and even broken teeth. Getting an orthodontic evaluation is a must for every individual. In fact, it is generally suggested that children should visit an orthodontist at around seven years old regardless of whether they have any teeth irregularities.
- Interceptive Treatment: We believe that prevention is better than cure. Here at Dental Place Westborough, providing interceptive treatments to patients who need it. These remedies are done in order to prevent the need for children to undergo extensive or invasive treatment in the future. In addition, our Shrewsbury, MA office keeps an organized compilation of all dental records. This makes it easier for to track the development of any irregularities.
- Early and Adult Treatments: We understand that Shrewsbury, MA patients require varying levels of orthodontic care depending on their age. The techniques used on a 7-year-old patient visiting a Shrewsbury pediatric dentist may not be the best approach on a 30 year old. As such, we offer an array of orthodontic services in Shrewsbury, which include metal and ceramic brackets and Invisalign®, that are tailored to the needs of each individual.
- Braces: Gone are the days when orthodontic patients are forced to wear chunky pieces of metal wrapped around their teeth. We offer various discreet correction braces such as:
- Ceramic Braces
- Palatal Expander
Pediatric Treatment – Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
We recommend parents to bring their children in for an initial dental visit at around the age of one, or when their first tooth has erupted. However, we understand how hard it can be to force your kids to go to the dentist. You’re bound to hear hours of incessant crying and whining. Luckily, Dental Place Westborough in Shrewsbury understands how to treat various types of patients.
- Kid Friendly: Our pediatric dentists have undergone quality special training in child psychology. This is to ensure that our staff has the knowledge and experience to handle anxiety attacks and similar behaviors that may occur during a dental operation/examination. In addition, we use a range of relaxation and sedation techniques to calm our patients down in our Shrewsbury, MA location.
- Preventive Treatment: Our preventive treatment for children includes the following:
- Digital Dental X-rays
- Teeth Cleaning/Flossing
- Fluoride Treatment
- Dental Sealants
- Emergency Treatment: We understand how scary it can be to handle emergencies. As such, we have dentists available on call 24 hours a day to supply immediate care.
Adolescent and Adult Dental Services – Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
An array of dental services is available to non-pediatric patients of all ages. These services in Shrewsbury including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preventive Care
- Restorative Treatment:
- Partial Dentures
- Dental Implants
- Periodontal Treatment
- Emergency Treatment
- Cosmetic Treatment: We provide professional whitening treatments here in Shrewsbury, MA to make your teeth shine brighter than ever. We also offer Opalescence Go®, a whitening treatment that results in whiter teeth in just 10 days!
Visit Dental Place Westborough Today – Pediatric Dentist Shrewsbury MA
Here at Dental Place Westborough, it is our goal to maintain your and your loved ones’ oral health. We guarantee that one office visit will make you see why we’re fit to be your long-term family dentist. You can schedule an appointment today by calling 508-366-0122 or filling out the form on our website.